In 2004 an idea was born for a traditional, cultural and spiritual center to promote values for our children in Virginia USA. This idea started to take shape by the implementing of traditional music classes for the children at the home of Pt. Raj. These classes were conducted by Mr. Mukundlal Samlal, who took the responsibility of teaching our children not only music but also cultural and spiritual values. In July of 2006 with the blessings of our guruji, Swami Brahmavairaagji, this idea became a reality by being named and incorporated as Brahma Vidya Peetham (BVP).
After being incorporated BVP held services at various locations, which encouraged the community to come together and establish a primary location for the continued growth of Brahma Vidya Peetham (BVP).
BVP’s primary objectives is to awaken the spiritual consciousness in human beings, within the framework as drawn below;
· To improve spiritual consciousness in the World
· To promote and propagate the study of Vedanta and to establish the relevance of Vedic philosophy (Sanatana Dharma) to modern times.
· To inform and inspire people towards holistic living as pointed out by various scriptures and spiritual preceptors from time to time.
· To promote the human consciousness within ones self.
· To provide a forum for a healthy interaction between east and west.
· To spread the message of compassion and non-violence (Ahimsa).
· To maintain a shrine for the purpose of meditation, prayer and other religious-social activities.
· To educate all with the message of the Ramayan, Geeta, Upanishads, ect..